Minutes, Oct.16, 2014– Council
- Peggy Murray, Scott Berry, Ron Bennett, Holly Culver, John Howard, John Shoos, Cindy Maddox, Dana Wiggins Robin Reinhold, Elinor Redmond, Betsy Keiter
- Leadership Prayer by Cindy
- September Minutes reviewed: approved
- Fall Stewardship headed up by John Howard and John Shoos. Letters are in homes with a good early response reported. Consecration Sunday is Nov. 2.
- Pilgrim Lodge 5 year Capital Campaign: Church members exceeded goal with 16K in pledges. Church Council supports additional $250.00 a year. ($1,250 total).
- Team Leaders Meeting: Conversation was generated between church teams and discussion led to team support ideas. Visits to teams are scheduled as follows:
- Scott and Ron will visit the Administration Team;
- Robin and Holly will visit Education, Fellowship & Growth;
- John Howard will visit Mission; and
- Dana will visit Spiritual Life & Worship.
- Church Directory team made good progress in narrowing vendor & process choices:
- Lifetouch (offers free directory, but they take and sell pictures. mobile app available
- com (church member takes photos and has ability to update periodically on our website). mobile app available
- The third choice being considered by the Directory Committee is to create a directory with the Church Windows, pending upgrade of software
- Budget: Elinor will work with Ellie Chatto and Ron Bennett
- Nominating Committee: considering ways to help the process of volunteerism
- Minister’s time:
- Holiday schedule is as follows: 12/25 falls on a Thursday.
- Office will be closed Wednesday noon, Thursday (Christmas Day) and Friday.
- Phone messages to be checked during closure in case of immediate need
- A Social Media Small Group met to advance the possibility of building a stronger church community by encouraging followers to our Facebook page, increase name recognition, offer online book groups for Lent, minister to non- church members as well as members. Actionable items are:
- Ask church members to follow on Facebook
- EF&G, A-Team, SL&W, Mission contribute team news and volunteer requests
- 5 minute sermon excerpt uploads to YouTube with a link on our FB page
- Church email campaign being considered: “Happenings at church this week…” or “Church calendar” could be emailed weekly or bi-weekly to supplement a less frequent Beacon monthly mailing.
Adjourned at 8:10
NEXT MEETING WILL BE AT 7 PM on NOVEMBER 20