The ESKIMO CLUB is meeting Wednesday, May 1, at 6:30 p.m.
Short Business Meeting @ 6:30
Dinner will be provided ($10 per person)
With the Eskimo Club becoming co-ed earlier this year, and with some questions about the club name, the Eskimo Club announces a “Rename the Club” Contest. What shall we call ourselves for the next 100 years? What will our mascot be? Please email your submissions to RichMead@kw.com by the time of our next meeting on Wednesday, May 1. (Rich is the club President.) Submissions will be discussed at that meeting. The person who submits the winning name will receive a gift certificate to Docks Seafood. We are looking forward to seeing your suggestions. Thanks
All men and women of the church and guests are invited. Non-members of the Eskimos must call Rich Mead 807-4663, or Walt Jellison 518-0874, for a dinner reservation before 6 p.m. Monday, April 29.
Here is some basic information about the Eskimos:
- The Eskimo Club is intended to promote good fellowship and further the interests of the Church.
- Membership is open to pretty much everyone (must support the objectives of the Club, be of good moral character, and agree to abide by the Club’s constitution and bylaws; you do not need to be a member of the Church)
- Meetings are held at 6:30pm on the first Wednesday of the month, October through May.
- Suppers are provided at each meeting, at a cost of $10 per person (this may increase next fall).
- Each meeting includes some sort of program. Typical programs are musical groups (e.g. steel drum band or guitar singer) or speakers (e.g. former FBI executive, South Portland city planner).
- Annual dues are $5.
We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting!!