After several months of consideration, discussion, and constitution & bylaw updating, the Eskimo Men’s Club has unanimously changed its name to Eskimo Club and gladly invites women to join. These are exciting times and this is an excellent opportunity to enhance the Eskimo Club. Here is some basic information about the Eskimos:
- The Eskimo Club is intended to promote good fellowship and further the interests of the Church.
- Membership is open to pretty much everyone (must support the objectives of the Club, be of good moral character, and agree to abide by the Club’s constitution and bylaws; you do not need to be a member of the Church)
- Meetings are held at 6:30pm on the first Wednesday of the month, October through May.
- Suppers are provided at each meeting, at a cost of $10 per person (this may increase next fall).
- Each meeting includes some sort of program. Typical programs are musical groups (e.g. steel drum band or guitar singer) or speakers (e.g. former FBI executive, South Portland city planner).
- Annual dues are $5.
The next meeting is on Wednesday, February 6th. Phil Smith, from Abracadabra, will perform some magic for us. Because meals are part of the meetings, it is important to let us know if you are interested in attending by Sunday, February 3rd. If you are interested in attending, or if you have any questions, please contact Rich Mead (Eskimo President) or Walter Jellison (Eskimo Membership Chair).
We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting!!