Attendees: Bruce Lockwood, Rich Mead, Beth De Tine, Carol Zechman, and Nancy Irving (Staff)
Absent: Richard Parker
Distribution: Members of the A-Team (Beth De Tine, Bruce Lockwood, Rich Mead, Richard Parker, Carol Zechman), Deb Sandler (House), Church Office, Nancy Irving (staff), Tom Conlon (staff).
Meeting called to order at 5:45 – chaired by Carol Zechman. Bruce Lockwood selected as recorder.
APRIL 2016 MINUTES:
Minutes approved with the addition of identifying those who attended and those who were absent.
OLD AND CONTINUING BUSINESS
- Nancy distributed the reports before the meeting. Finances look good. See reports for details.
- Question about $49K from investment account. Nancy suggested that this reflects the annual endowment support. Team questioned what the formula is and thought the Investment Committee may know. ACTION: Bruce will follow-up with Ron Bennett.
- Clarification that the 2016 budget is a deficit budget of ($17,092).
OTHER FINANCIAL TOPICS
- The church received a very generous gift in the amount of $250K – Frank and Maxine Wright Memorial. Need to clarify how funds can be used and who approves what. ACTION: Bruce will follow-up with Ron Bennett.
- Nancy has been looking for a capitalization process. Currently the threshold is $500. Nancy recommends increasing the amount to $5,000. ACTION: Nancy will draft a policy for review at next meeting.
Kitchen: Problems with refrigerator sharing between Ancestral Path and church groups. Refrigerator ownership needs to be labeled. ACTION: Nancy will follow-up with Ancestral Path.
Yoga: Need to identify what we want to accomplish with yoga. Yoga has a long history with the church including a senior’s yoga class on Friday mornings, but the income and point people for paying rent has been unstructured. Cindy would like yoga to stay, but also would like more flexibility to be able to offer more diverse use of the church space (yoga is always in the Community Room, a large and desirable space). A-Team agreed to offer yoga a $15 per session fee (instead of $30) due to the history. This is more structured than what has been offered in the past. ACTION: Beth will contact yoga.
509 SAWYER ROAD (Residential):
Tenant paid April 2016 rent on April 8th despite it being due on April 1st. Nancy talked with the tenant. Nancy will note payment timing in May. Rent increase for July will be agenda item in May.
331 COTTAGE ROAD (Commercial):
Nothing to report.
329 COTTAGE ROAD (Residential):
Insulating has started.
HOUSE SUBCOMMITTEE MINUTES
Nothing to report.
Bruce contacted the Maine Conference, UCC and was given a link to materials on the National, UCC website. Bruce forwarded the link to Team members. ACTION: All Team members should review the materials prior to the next meeting.
Beth contacted Dana Wiggins via email about the possibility of the church announcing member deaths and hospital stays in a timelier manner.
NEW A-TEAM MEMBERS
The A-Team is going to be down two members. We need to identify potential new members and provide the suggestions to Elinor Redmond and the Nominating Committee.
Thursday, May 5th at 6:30pm (Input on scheduling meetings earlier)