Meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m.
1. Approval of the December 1, 2011 meeting minutes: It was moved and seconded to approve the minutes of the December 1, 2011 meeting. The motion passed.
2. Financial statement review:
• The Budget to Actual results for the year ending 12/31/11 was reviewed. It was noted that pledges received matched the budget estimate and that overall net results were better than budget. There are still more items to be processed for year-end, notable payroll accruals.
• The Balance Sheet was reviewed and Cyndi Alden noted that statements for the investment accounts had not been received yet.
• It was requested that Ellie Chatto participate in reviewing the audit work this year and she agreed.
3. Tenant Update:
• 509 Sawyer Street – The tenant has moved out and refreshing of the interior is taking place to include new kitchen cabinets and countertops, bath surround and bath floor, new electrical outlets, new bulkhead stairs, and removing the oil tank in the basement that is no longer needed. At this point, it is almost ready to be rented. The property was shown tonight to someone who liked it. It was decided to have the lease renewed by Dan Cummings.
• 329 Cottage Road – The upstairs tenant is doing fine.
• 331 Cottage Road – Guy Gledhill showed this commercial space to a perspective tenant. She would use the space for a learning center. She did like the space, but would need some items updated, such as doors replaced on the rooms. We decided to allow Guy Gledhill to go to the Planning Board to request a zoning change for that property, so that we do not need to get an approval for a larger sign.
4. Insurance Renewal – tabled due to the absence of Scott Stacy.
5. Upcoming vacancies on Administration Team – Those rotating off are still working on finding replacements.
6. Committee Reports:
• Counting Committee – John Thatcher is the new chair. Thank you to Peggy Murray for her service.
• House Committee – There was some discussion about a possible conversion from oil heat to gas heat. Guy Gledhill presented two options for consideration. Our current boiler will need some repair in the near future, which is estimated to cost $1,600. The Team voted to have Tom proceed with getting that repair work completed. Gas heat might be a better option in the long-term for the church, as the price of oil is so uncertain. The Team decided to put this discussion on hold and discuss it again at our next meeting.
• Planned Giving Committee – no update
Next meeting is February 2, 2012.
Meeting adjourned at 8:07 p.m.