Live Free. That is our theme for this year’s stewardship campaign, along with this focus scripture from 1 Timothy: Take hold of the life that really is life. How can you live free from the money trap, so that you are free to take hold of real life? One of the ways we live free is by being generous to God and others. We encourage every household to participate in the life-changing ministries of First Congregational Church by giving generously and fearlessly, from the heart.
Not sure how much to give? Here are a few ideas.
- Some of us tithe, which means we give 10% of our income to God. Are you able to commit to this level?
- If you cannot give 10%, could you commit to a different percentage? Here is a helpful chart to see what those numbers might look like on a MONTHLY basis.
If we were to fund the entire budget from pledges, we would need annual pledges of approximately $2200 per household or pledging unit. If your income is below average for our area, then please give accordingly. If your income is above average, perhaps you can give more.
Our Consecration Sunday is November 13, 2016. Please bring your pledge form with you to worship on that day. Or use this online form in place of the regular pledge card to inform us of the amount you intend to give for the regular offering during 2017.
- First indicate “Offering Frequency” (whether you want to make an offering weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, or annually).
- Then specify the “Amount of Each Offering”.
- The form will calculate the total annual pledge amount (i.e. Offering Frequency x Amount of Each Offering) and display it in green.
- When you click “Submit,” you’ll receive an email confirming your pledge.
- You can then make your offering with cash or paper check when you attend worship, through your own bank’s bill-payment program, or by credit card through our secure provider.
You may change your pledge at any time by notifying our Business Manager, Nancy Irving, at 799-3361, ext 103, or by email.
The Ministry Council
Click here to send us a question or comment.